Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Not only is he the richest person ever born in Seattle, he's one of the richest men in the world. Who is he?
2. Tacoma's favorite son is this crooner who starred in the "Road" movies of the 1930s and 40s, recorded "White Christmas", and is the father of the woman who shot JR Ewing. Who is he?
3. This star of the movie "Dune" (1984) was born in Yakima in 1959. He appeared in many other works for director David Lynch including "Blue Velvet" (1986) and "Twin Peaks" (early 1990s). He also has starred on TV in "Sex and the City" and "Desperate Housewives." Can you name him?
4. Although this Seattle-ite was a noted actress of stage and screen, she is probably better known to audiences today because of Jessica Lange's 1982 Oscar-nominated performance in "Frances", the story of her tormented life. Which Frances was she?
5. Washington State University has produced many fine athletes, none more so than this quarterback from Walla Walla who was the #1 pick in the 1993 NFL draft. He went on to a stellar career with the New England Patriots for 9 seasons (1993 to 2001). Who is he?
6. She's Pat! Which actress and comedienne from Spokane created the non-gender-specific "Pat" on Saturday Night Live and later starred in a movie of the same name?
7. This Seattle native is considered one of the most gifted guitarists in rock history. He is famous for his rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" at Woodstock in August 1969 and the album "Are You Experienced". He died in London in September 1970 of an alleged drug overdose. Can you name him?
8. This multiple Grammy-winning composer, record producer, musical arranger and conductor moved to Bremerton as a young boy. While still in his teens he played in Seattle jazz clubs with Ray Charles and later produced "We Are the World" and "Thriller". Do you know who he is?
9. Though she wasn't born in Washington, most references about this multiple Oscar winner cite Bellingham as her hometown, where she was neither a boy nor a baby. Who is this actress?
10. Born in Hoquiam and raised in Aberdeen, which rocker co-founded the grunge band Nirvana, married the lead of singer of Hole and famously committed suicide in 1994?
Source: Author brewster76
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.