Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At the time of the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and the Big Bopper, which of the three had the highest-ranking single in the charts?
2. Which of the following statements about musicians who died in the 1960s is false?
3. Which band lost two of its members in motorcycle accidents, 13 months apart, both in Macon, GA?
4. What did the 1970 death of Jimi Hendrix and the 1980 death of John Bonham have in common?
5. Hours before being murdered on December 8, 1980, John Lennon had been doing work in the recording studio on which single?
6. Who shot and killed longtime Motown superstar Marvin Gaye?
7. When three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd died in a 1977 plane crash, their record company recalled several pressings of their just-released "Street Survivors" album. Why?
8. Keith Moon, drummer for The Who, died on September 7, 1978 at the age of 32. Which of the following statements are true?
9. Jim Morrison of the Doors died in Paris in 1971. Why had he gone to Paris?
10. Which singer/songwriter's lyrics were quoted by Kurt Cobain of Nirvana in his suicide note?
Source: Author d2407
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.