Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. During its long run, the TV show "Friends" featured a number of animals including a monkey, a duck, a chicken, various cats and at least one dog. Which animal has to be rushed to the emergency room because it has swallowed some Scrabble tiles?
2. Despite the all star cast, one of the scenes I have remembered best from "The Longest Day" (1962) concerns Sword Beach and Beachmaster Captain Colin Maud, RN who at one point tells the soldiers that they need to get off the beach to stop the shelling, which is "bad for the dog". By what name does Maud (Kenneth More) address his bulldog which he keeps by his side?
3. In the opening scene of "LOST", when Jack wakes up on the island, the first other survivor of the airplane crash that he sees is Vincent, the dog.
4. "Friendly Persuasion" (1956) is set in rural Indiana in 1862, so of course many animals appear, including the horses which Quaker Jess Birdwell (Gary Cooper) and his Methodist friend Sam Jordan (Robert Middleton) hitch to their carriages every Sunday, often resulting in a friendly race on the way to their respective places of worship. The main scene-stealer here, however, is not a horse but a farmyard creature who is Eliza Birdwell's pet, and her youngest child's nemesis. Please, name this animal, who even receives billing in the opening credits.
5. Eddie is such an integral part of the Crane family on "Frasier" that he can be seen as one of the stars of the series, stealing nearly every scene in which he appears. Other animals also appear, including a small greyhound-like dog that Niles acquires shortly after separating from Maris. What is it about this dog that leaves Frasier, Martin and Daphne with open mouths?
6. Feisty little terriers, whether they are Jack Russells or some other pleasant breed or mix, are almost guaranteed to be scene-stealers. Which of these little fellows not only stole scenes from his movie co-stars, but also did a good job of upstaging everybody at that year's award season nominations and ceremonies?
7. Considering that it was set in a war zone, TV's "M*A*S*H" features quite a number of animals, from Radar's zoo to Colonel Potter's horse, Sophie. One episode involves the doctors' efforts to save the horse's life, before Potter returns from Tokyo. Who else becomes ill in the same episode?
8. Those pesky, scene-stealing animals turn up everywhere, even in animated movies! What is remarkable about the dog Dug in the film "Up"?
9. The series "Mad About You" ran for seven seasons, and was about a young New York couple played by Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt. Toward the end of the series, the Buchmans (Reiser and Hunt) have a baby, but they are all often upstaged by their slightly ditzy dog. What is the dog's name?
10. The 1964 movie "The Three Lives of Thomasina" featured a great number of animals, including an injured badger, a frog with a broken leg, forest creatures and some badly treated circus animals. Who or what was Thomasina?
Source: Author spanishliz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.