Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Ralph the Llama is very worried about his young namesake in "A Christmas Story". People keep telling Ralphie "You'll shoot your eye out!". What is it that Ralphie Parker wants so desperately for Christmas that provokes this warning?
2. This Ralph is basically the "good guy" in two movie versions of "Lord of the Flies", although he succumbs to the savage life on their desert island almost as much as do all of the boys. He is first elected leader, but things rapidly fall apart. Who is the author of the novel that provides the basis for both films?
3. Hamish Linklater's role as Ralph Branca in the 2013 movie "42" is of a supporting nature. Who is Ralph Branca in this baseball biopic?
4. In the 1988 movie "1969", Ralph and Scott are two college friends from a small town who strongly oppose the Vietnam War and make their views known in ways small, large and illegal. Scott is played by Kiefer Sutherland, but which actor, whose later roles include both a super sleuth and a superhero, plays Ralph?
5. Ralph "Iggy" Ignatowski, a US Marine Corps private played by Jamie Bell, is horribly tortured and mutilated by enemy soldiers in the movie "Flags of Our Fathers" (2006), as he was in real life. Although we do not see what happens, we hear about it from his friend John Bradley. On what Pacific island does this happen?
6. This character is named Rolfe, which is close enough to satisfy Ralph the Llama. Early in "The Sound of Music" he seems like a charming lad who is smitten by the eldest von Trapp daughter, but he changes after the Nazi takeover of Austria and turns against the whole family. What is the name of the daughter who is so upset by Rolfe's change of heart?
7. Dr Rolf Pedersen is one of "The Heroes of Telemark" (1965) who attempt to stop the Nazis from developing an atomic bomb by stopping their production of heavy water. Richard Harris plays Knut, who recruits him into the Norwegian resistance, but which dimpled American plays Rolf?
8. In "The Aviator" (2004), Ralph Owen Brewster is an elected official who tries to make life difficult in various ways for Howard Hughes (Leonardo DiCaprio). Alan Alda plays Brewster, but what is this Ralph's title in the movie?
9. Ralph Swain is a submarine crewman who jumps ship in his hometown in the 1959 movie adaptation of Nevil Shute's "On the Beach". Where does he jump ship?
10. The title character of "Wreck-It Ralph" is a bad guy who really, really, really wants to be a good guy and win a medal, so he can live in a penthouse and eat cake. In which video game does he meet Vanellope Von Schweetz, who becomes his friend?
Source: Author spanishliz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.