Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Chopines were very tall platform shoes, initially created to keep elite feet from the dirt and muck at street level. They towered to ridiculous heights and first became fashionable in the 15th and 16th century in which city?
2. Foot binding was fashionable in the Chinese court. Elaborate, embroidered slippers were worn by these women. What were these shoes known as?
3. Who was the shoe designer who constructed his first pair so his sister could have new ones for her first communion? He designed shoes for Hollywood stars. After studying anatomy, he added steel inserts for arch support. He returned home to Italy and set up shop in Florence.
4. During the OJ Simpson trial, a Federal Bureau of Investigations expert testified that the bloody footprints at the crime scene were left by a pair of size 12 shoes from which designer?
5. Archaelogic evidence suggests that shoes have been worn for a very long time. However, since the materials used to create shoes decompose fairly rapidly, few ancient shoes have been discovered. The oldest shoes found date to approximately 10,000 years ago. Where were they found?
6. How did Doc Martens get their name?
7. What is the name for the Japanese shoes which are thong sandals with a wood sole raised up on two wooden strips.
8. What type of shoe is a plimsoll?
9. Espadrilles were originally created by Catalonian farmers. They called the shoes "alpargatas". To what does the name "espadrille," which originated in France, refer?
10. After coming home from a hunting trip with sopping wet feet, this man was inspired to create the "Maine Hunting Shoe" with a waterproof sole.
Source: Author pusdoc
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Beatka
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.