Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Psychology is the study of the mind and mental processes.
2. Guten Tag! In which country, known for its capital of Berlin, was the first psychology lab built in 1879?
3. Which area of psychology focuses on how others influence our thoughts and behaviour?
4. Which of these is NOT a famous psychologist?
(Hint: Think Disney...)
5. Cognitive psychology likens our mental processes to which of these machines?
(Hint: You are probably playing the quiz on one right now.)
6. Which common mental health condition is characterised by a persistent low mood, a lack of appetite and loss of energy?
7. Which ancient Greek believed the heart was the home of thoughts and emotions, and that the brain's purpose was to cool blood?
8. Psychologist BF Skinner placed a rat in a box with a lever. When the lever was pressed, the rat would get food, so it would press the lever more often. What did Skinner claim this was an example of?
9. Psychologist Mary Ainsworth thought a securely attached infant had sensitive and responsive care from their mother.
10. Which famous Austrian psychologist, who used the psychoanalytic method, believed that most of our problems came from our childhood?
Source: Author malik24
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.