Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Let's look at the popular mnemonic to remind us what colours make up your typical rainbow. "Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain". Now, can you tell me which Richard this mnemonic refers to?
2. Greek mythology tells us the rainbow is a link between earth and the heavens. Which goddess was said to have sent the rainbow?
3. RED. Red is one of the most common colours on the flags of the world. Which one of these countries flags does not contain the colour red?
4. ORANGE. The popular 1971 film "A Clockwork Orange" was adapted from the novel of the same name by which writer?
5. YELLOW. Which yellow fruit, representing friendship and longevity in Pagan religions, was once used to make lips redder and prevent wrinkles?
6. GREEN. Possibly the most famous green critter is Kermit the Frog. Along with the other "Muppets" Kermit starred in many film adaptations of classic books. Which character did Kermit play in "Muppet Treasure Island"?
7. BLUE. Known as the blue planet for its vast seas, Earth is the only planet in the solar system known to possess liquid water. However, which other planet has strong mythological ties with water?
8. INDIGO. Indigo in the common English language is taken from the Greek "indikon", meaning what?
9. VIOLET. The popular film "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was based on the novel by Roald Dahl. In this film each character (apart from Charlie) are dispatched of in some manner. What notable thing happens to the character Violet Beauregarde?
10. As well as testing if you have a broad spectrum of knowledge, the colours above collectively make up the spectrum of light. Using a glass prism, white light can be refracted so as to produce a spectrum. What characteristic of light allows it to be separated into its constituent colours?
Source: Author doublemm
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.