Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This colour is a favourite for baby clothes. It is light and airy, but when used as a noun, the word can also mean an item that does not come up to expectations or specifications. Which colour is this?
2. This colour is used in many situations, but the one I am thinking of is inside a restaurant or a pub. A learned-looking man is holding a container to the light and saying; "Now this is a very nice -". What is the missing word?
3. This colour is very popular, but it has given its name to a kind of music and also to a feeling of sadness and depression. So, what is it that you can play or have?
4. This colour is favoured by some people, while others dislike it intensely. That's true of many, but this one seems to polarise people especially. It is the name of a flower, it can be used as a verb and also as a noun meaning health and well-being.
5. Here's a bright, cheerful colour that some people think is unlucky. It is also used in the plural form for a kind of food. As an adjective, it can mean young or inexperienced. The noun form is also used to denote an open area in a village. What is it?
6. This colour is often considered royal. It can be used as a noun, almost always as part of a four word description which begins with the word "born". It has a poor reputation in the literary world. What is it?
7. This is a pleasant but rather subdued colour. It has two different spellings, one used in the USA, the other in Britain and Australia. It is usually used as an adjective, but the noun form means a kind of alien. What is it?
8. A delightful colour, associated with personal adornment. When in association with the number thirty, it has connotations of betrayal.
9. This pretty mix of blue and green is a favourite winter colour. In its noun form it is also a kind of bird. Which is the answer?
10. It's a sad thing, but the delightful, bright colour yellow is used to represent cowardice. True or false?
Source: Author Sallyo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.