Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the more significant people to "switch sides" was King Henry VIII of England. He wanted desperately to marry Anne Boleyn, but he was still married to Catherine of Aragon. He wanted to divorce Catherine so what major change did he make in order for this to happen?
2. In 2009, which senator from the great state of Pennsylvania switched from the Republican party to the Democratic party?
3. The US state of Texas has had a difficult time deciding which "side" to be on. Texas has a long history of being governed by different territories. In fact, throughout their history, Texans have lived under six different flags (and you wonder where the name of the theme park came from). What are the "nations" that once controlled Texas?
4. Several generals who had attended and graduated from West Point, and were part of the Union Army of the United States of America, had to "change sides" when the American Civil War broke out in 1861. Which of the following generals became General-in-Chief of the Confederate Army in 1865?
5. Let's have some fun. A cigarette company once had an advertising slogan that stated, "I'd Rather Fight Than Switch". Which company?
6. In the Bible, one man made an astonishing religious conversion. He even changed his name completely to signify that his whole life had changed. Who?
7. A legendary US senator from a southern state transferred his loyalty from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party in 1964. Who?
8. "GI Becomes Blonde Beauty" screamed the headline from The New York Daily News on December 1, 1952. It referred to a former United States WWII veteran who had sought and received sex assignment surgery to make him a female. After his operation(s), George changed his name to what?
9. Back to the Bible. Which disciple of Jesus turned from being an ardent follower to his betrayer?
10. We started with a king, so let's end with a king. Which king, who was King of Navarre and then King of France, switched from Protestantism to Catholicism and back again several times throughout his life?
Source: Author Blindlady-27
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.