Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Sneezing can be caused by bright light, change in temperature, infections, cold breezes - and what else, you wicked little piggy-wiggy?
2. Referred to in the medical world as "synchronous diaphragmatic flutter", what is the common name for this condition we probably all have endured from time to time?
3. Coughing is another affliction humans have to put up with now and then, and for which there isn't really any effective cure. Can you define a psychogenic cough?
4. Yawning takes place when we inhale deeply, and then exhale again, usually with a satisfactory sound to accompany it. Listen to me now. There is another hidden step in that process however. What is it?
5. Hippocrates (c.460 -c.370 BC), the Father of Western Medicine, defined sobbing as what?
6. Well, we all know what yelling is of course, but can you name the Olympian and actor, famous for his yell - and his funeral - who had the most famous yell of all? Think about it, Cheeta.
7. Is it true that stuttering has a genetic link?
8. Burping commonly follows the consumption of fizzy drinks and many foods, but what is its primary cause?
9. Laughing is a happy sound made by humans and some other primates. It's an international language that everyone understands. Is there one particular centre of our brain responsible for generating laughter?
10. You won't believe this, mate. One suggested cure put forward to stop snoring is to play which musical instrument?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.