Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who painted the famous lady with the smirk?
2. This is a self-portrait of the artist who gave us such works as "The Night Watch". Who is he?
3. This English Romantic painter was famous for his landscapes. He painted "Salisbury Cathedral from the Bishop's Grounds" in 1825. Who is he?
4. There's a naturalness and freedom in many of the paintings of the old Dutch Masters, lacking in works by artists from other countries. Which Dutch Master painted this lovely "Girl With A Pearl Earring" in 1665?
5. My favourite American artist by a mile has to be the woman who painted the pictured "Tea" (1880) and "Woman with a Pearl Necklace in a Loge" (1879). Who is she?
6. "Girl with a Hoop" was painted in 1885 by which famous French artist?
7. "Le boulevard Montmartre un matin d'hiver" was painted in 1897 by which Danish-French Impressionist and Neo-Impressionist painter?
8. "A Cotton Office in New Orleans" was painted in 1873 by an artist more known for his paintings of young dancers. Who is this artist?
9. "Bedroom in Arles" was painted by which tragic artist in 1888?
10. "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" was painted by which of the following Post-Impressionist artists?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.