Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It all started when my alarm clock went off. I tried to turn it off, but I was closer to the edge of the bed than I thought. On my way down to the floor, I hit my sphenoid bone on the table beside my bed. It hurt pretty badly. What contains part of the sphenoid bone?
2. I got up, and decided to head downstairs for breakfast. I rushed down but I slipped on the second stair and went tumbling down them like an acrobat. I only fell down halfway, though, because there was a platform in the middle of the stairs, almost like another floor, though it was only a few feet in size. What is this platform often known as?
3. I brushed myself off and decided to eat a bagel. I wanted to toast it, so I stuck it in, and set it for two minutes. Well, it came out black, so I threw it away. That was my last bagel, too!
Some toasters have a "bagel" setting. What does this setting do?
4. I scrapped the bagel idea and went for cereal instead. As I tasted my cereal, the milk tasted a bit odd. It turns out that I had bought the wrong kind of milk at the supermarket.
Regular milk comes from cows, but there are some milks you can buy that come from completely different sources. Which of these is NOT a type of milk you could put on cereal to replace regular milk, if you're lactose intolerant?
5. I decided to skip breakfast altogether, so I went back upstairs to brush my teeth. But I realized that it was not toothpaste I had used. It tasted horrible!
Which of these does NOT come in a tube similar to that of toothpaste?
6. Disgusted by what I just attempted to use for toothpaste, I decided to use some mouthwash to gargle out the horrible taste. But, unfortunately, I grabbed window cleaner instead! It tasted worse than the non-toothpaste!
Which of these is a brand of window cleaner?
7. I rinsed out my mouth of the cleaner, but I still had a funny after-taste all over my tongue. I decided to go back downstairs (much more carefully this time) to get a drink of something tasty. I reached into the fridge and grabbed some apple cider. I poured a small glass and drank, but spat it out immediately; it was apple cider vinegar! "What's this doing in the FRIDGE?" I thought to myself.
Apple cider vinegar is known to help with what ailment?
8. I thought it'd be best to stop putting things in my mouth, and traveled back upstairs to get dressed. On my way up, I stubbed my hallux quite hard.
Which toe is the hallux?
9. When I got to my closet, I realized I only had one pair of pants that were clean, and only one polo shirt I'd never worn before. I put on the jeans, and they were huge, so I grabbed a belt in the hope they at least stayed on. They looked funny, but they fit. Then I grabbed the shirt. When I put it on, I realized it was actually a woman's shirt, but I hoped nobody would notice.
How can you tell whether a polo shirt is a men's shirt or a women's shirt?
10. I realized I had not yet made my bed, so I decided to do so. A spider was lurking in the sheets, though, and it bit my hand. I didn't know what kind it was, but I didn't care. I rushed to the emergency room where they told me the spider wasn't poisonous.
While on the subject of spiders, tell me; about how strong is spider silk?
Source: Author salami_swami
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.