Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Tip 1: If you're going to engage in some criminal activity, don't do it in France, because then you'll be guillotined. Ouch.
In which year was the use of the guillotine in France for executions finally ended?
2. Tip 2: Don't petrify so many people with your hideous face that King Polydectes starts sending Greek heroes out to decapitate you.
Which monster in Greek myth failed to obey that advice, and had her famous head adorned atop Athena's shield?
3. Tip 3: Don't let your female partner cut off your head and eat it while you're mating, because that's really unfortunate.
Which member of the animal kingdom often falls prey to sexual cannibalism when his head is severed "for the good of his children"?
4. Tip 4: Don't be a super-awesome genius composer that people will exhume and decapitate after you're dead to conduct phrenological exams on your head.
Which classical composer, the so-called "Father of the Symphony" and "Father of the String Quartet," was subjected to that posthumous treatment?
5. Tip 5: When an ancient map to the Holy Grail tells you that "Only the penitent man will pass," you're supposed to duck and kneel.
Which movie character figures that out and survives, after another man loses his head trying to figure out the riddle?
6. Tip 6: When Satan comes to Moscow, believe him when he tells you that you're going to be beheaded by an oncoming trolley. He'll make it happen.
Which novel by Mikhail Bulgakov begins with Berlioz ignoring that friendly advice, and losing his head over the matter?
7. Tip 7: Don't lose the ballgame, or ollamaliztli, ever.
Which Mesoamerican civilization built ballgame courts at settlements like Chichen Itza, and even decapitated the losers of the sport?
8. Tip 8: Don't make an enemy out of the ruler of Galilee and his family, because they might ask for your head on a silver platter.
Which Biblical figure violated that tip by criticizing Herod Antipas' marriage to Herodias, and lost his head because of it?
9. Tip 9: Don't be a revolutionary scientist in a revolutionary nation. Too much innovation can "stump" even the most open-minded.
Which "father of modern chemistry" the formulator the law of conservation of mass, was executed during the French Revolution, and attempted one last experiment with his severed, blinking head?
10. Tip 10: Be careful around the Queen of Hearts, because she's really good at making people lose their heads.
In which literary classic would you find the Queen of Hearts insisting, "Off with their heads!"
Source: Author adams627
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.