Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Smoke alarms are important for alerting occupants of a fire within a property, especially during the night. The night alarm is particularly important because the smell of smoke alone will not awaken most people when they are asleep.
2. People who are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication may not hear a smoke alarm.
3. What is the best way of putting out a fat/oil fire on a stove top?
4. I have an open fireplace and am burning pine in it. What should I be careful of?
5. While a lot of us worry about hazards inside the home, we often forget about outside hazards. Which of these can be considered an outside fire hazard?
6. Clothes are an important part of being safe in a fire situation. To be safe, you should have fire retardant material. Which fabric is most dangerous in a fire emergency?
7. Australia is known for its bushfires, and many areas have annual safety measures in place to reduce the risk of fire. In rural Victoria, what organisation handles this education?
8. What should you do to prevent fires on the outside of your house during or just after winter?
9. Is it important to annually check your chimney to ensure that it is not blocked by anything?
10. One of the most important parts of fire safety is a home evacuation plan. This should be done in advance, not when the threat is imminent. Why is an evacuation plan important?
Source: Author ClaudiaCat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.