Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Hurricane was a WW2 fighter aircraft that played an important role in the Battle of Britain. Which company manufactured it?
2. The song 'Hurricane', about the murder conviction of American boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, appeared on the 1976 album 'Desire' by which singer-songwriter?
3. Northern Ireland's 'Hurricane' Higgins was the 1972 and 1982 world champion in which sport?
4. Which country hosts the annual music festival known as Hurricane?
5. Donated to the Indianapolis Museum of Art in 1961, the 1944 work 'Hurricane' is an oil painting by which American modernist artist?
6. 'Hurricane' appears alongside songs such as 'Aaron Burr, Sir' and 'Ten Duel Commandments' in which musical that won 11 Tony Awards in 2016?
7. Which multiple Oscar-winning director was responsible for the 1937 film 'The Hurricane', starring Jon Hall and Dorothy Lamour?
8. What is the birth name of DJ Hurricane, the American rapper who was associated with the Beastie Boys in the 1990s?
9. Which American Olympic athlete, who competed in the javelin throw, appeared on the 2008 series of 'American Gladiator' under the name Hurricane?
10. Operation Hurricane, the first detonation of an atomic device by the United Kingdom, took place in which country in 1952?
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.