Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Albany was first settled in 1826, making it the earliest settlement in Western Australia.
2. For many years, whales were hunted from the port of Albany, Western Australia. The old Whaling Station is now a tourist attraction named "Whale World". Which of the following would you NOT see at Whale World?
3. Albany has a range of museums and National Trust houses to visit. Which of these is NOT one of them?
4. One of Albany's attractions is a site producing green energy. How is this energy produced?
5. What is the name of the most popular swimming beach at Albany?
6. Mount Clarence overlooks the harbour at Albany. At the top, there is a monument commemorating an event in Australian history. What event?
7. The first ship to bring settlers to Albany was the Brig Amity, and a replica of this small ship now stands on the foreshore. Who was her commander?
8. A short drive from Albany is Two Peoples Bay, where in 1961, a population of birds thought to have been extinct from the early 1900s was discovered. What was the name of the bird?
9. Albany is located how far from Perth?
10. Albany has some unique rock formations among its attractions. Which of the following is NOT in the Albany region?
Source: Author tezza1551
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.