Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Steep Point is the westernmost point of mainland Australia. It is situated north of Perth, but approximately how far north?
2. Steep Point is located within one of Australia's 16 World Heritage Areas. In which World Heritage Area is it located?
3. The only access to Steep Point is via 4 wheel drive and a permit must be sought to pass through Carrarang Station. Which other strangely named place will you pass by on the dirt track to Steep Point?
4. If the only way to access Steep Point is by 4 wheel drive vehicle, in what type of accommodation would you be most likely to stay?
5. As Steep Point is 'in the middle of nowhere' it is difficult and very time consuming if you need to go into town for supplies. Luckily, the ranger (who lives on site) can help out with minor needs or emergencies. If, however, an emergency does arise and medical help is needed, you will have to drive to the nearest township, almost 250km away and a 3 hour drive. What is the name of this township?
6. Steep Point is known as one of the best land fishing locations in the world. What type of fishing are people NOT likely to engage in while in the area?
7. The waters around Steep Point are full of amazing marine life. What sort of animals are you NOT likely to find in the area?
8. Starting south of Kalbarri, the Zuytdorp cliffs finish at Steep Point. From where do the cliffs get their name?
9. Originally called 'Eendrachtsland' in 1616 by its founder, and directly north from Steep Point - across the South Passage, is which island (or group of islands)?
10. Steep Point is quite often used as a reference point for nautical 'misadventures'. On 16th March 2008, which Australian Naval ship wreckage was found 67 years after being sunk?
Source: Author lones78
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.