Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Perth is situated on the banks of the Swan River. In close proximity to the city is a small island in the Swan. What is the name of that island?
2. Overlooking Perth is a very large hill from which a commanding view of the city and its surrounds can be seen. What is the name given to this hill?
3. In close proximity to the coast near Perth are three islands. Garden Island is now a naval base and Rottnest Island a modern holiday resort. What is the name of the third island?
4. By what names are the two major football teams who compete in the Australian Rules Football League known?
5. Which sport is played at the Perth sports ground known as The WACA during summer?
6. Which important person visited Perth in October 2011 to open the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting held there for the first time?
7. Which state government leader was responsible for the installation of the Bell Tower which is situated on the banks of the Swan River on the Perth foreshore?
8. Which edifice has a commanding position and looks down the length of St. George's Terrace, one of Perth's main thoroughfares?
9. Each year in August is the annual Avon Descent. What type of an event is this?
10. Which world-wide sporting event put Perth on the map in 1983?
Source: Author Mommakat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.