Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We start our trip in Perth, and will begin by visiting the large park that overlooks the city. What is its name?
2. From Perth, we will drive east for almost 600 kilometres to the City of Kalgoorlie. Kalgoorlie is famous for the mining of what?
3. From Kalgoorlie, we drive south to Esperance, a large coastal town. Approximately how far is it from Kalgoorlie?
4. From Esperance, we travel to Albany, via Highway 1, a distance of about 480 km.
Which of the following towns will we not pass through?
5. WA has its share of "Big Things".
Which of the following is not in Western Australia?
6. From Albany, we head north, and decide to stop at Kojonup for lunch. We visit a cafe at the Kodja Place, the local visitor and interpretive centre. There we learn that Kojonup was named after the kodja, which in the local Indigenous language Noongar, means what?
7. Heading north east from Kojonup, we next visit Hyden, home of Wave Rock, a 14 metre high, and 110 metre long rock sculptured by nature into a giant wave.
Hyden has another attraction that I found even more interesting than the rock. What is it?
8. OK, now we are back in Perth, and want to taste some Western Australian wine.
Which of the following is not a wine region of Western Australia?
9. I would like to show you some dolphins, and there are several places we could visit to do this. Which of the following places would we NOT visit to do this?
10. Finally, we are going to fly to the last town on our itinerary.
Located about two thousand kilometres north of Perth, this town has wonderful beaches, good fishing, the opportunity to ride a camel along a beach, as well as an incredibly colourful history. It is, of course _____?
Source: Author tezza1551
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.