Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Name the island off Perth first discovered in 1696 by Willem de Vlamingh.
2. Can you name the oldest white settlement of Western Australia?
3. Bluff Knoll is just about the only place to record snowfall in Western Australia. Can you name the range(s) within which it lies?
4. Skylab was the first US space station launced into orbit in 1973. It plummeted back to earth in 1979 scattering in various pieces over parts of Western Australia with some debris to be found near this coastal town.
5. Western Australia is renowned for its wildflowers. Wildflower season usually commences in spring. Which of the following is NOT a Western Australian wildflower?
6. Which of the following is the floral emblem of Western Australia?
7. A statue of CY O'Connor can be found outside the Fremantle Port Authority building. Which of the following achievements is he NOT responsible for?
8. Cyclones are normally restricted to the northern part of Western Australia. In 1978 a particular one veered unexpectedly south causing widespread damage throughout the south west. Can you name it?
9. This particular tree can only be found in the south west forests of Western Australia, nowhere else in the world. It can grow up to 40 metres and live up to 1,000 years. Can you name it?
10. During the 1950's this town south of Perth was once a small sleepy fishing village attracting the occasional vacationer. It is now a booming, bustling city of 60,000 and growing. Can you name it?
Source: Author glen539
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.