Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these political leaders was born in Austria?
2. Which of the following is regarded as one of Austria's most famous sons?
3. If you wanted to have a good time at a large amusement park in Austria, which also features a giant Ferris Wheel that has featured in many Hollywood movies, what city would you need to travel to?
4. An engineering firm from which country built the giant Ferris Wheel known as the "Riesenrad" between 1896-97?
5. One of the largest medieval castles in Europe and a very popular tourist attraction in Austria is the High Salzburg Fortress, located in the city of Salzburg. By which name is the castle known in Austria?
6. Which large river flows through Austria and is also its longest river?
7. I'm hungry! If I wanted a crisp savoury pastry to eat with my coffee in the morning, what typical Austrian food would I buy?
8. What is or are Austria's official language or languages?
9. Austria has a number of great wine growing areas. Speaking of wine, what is the word Austrians use for wine? Watch your spelling!
10. Roughly how much of Austria's land area can be considered to be mountainous?
Source: Author aaronjunior
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.