Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name of the mountains massif that occupies almost all the region, and what is the name of its highest summit?
2. How many départements are in the Auvergne region?
3. What kind of food is the Auvergne most renowned for?
4. What well-known worldwide enterprise first begun in the Auvergne and still has a very important place in the economy of the region?
5. The region Auvergne gave France a high-ranked politician. What was his function?
6. The town center of Clermont-Ferrand was built on an old (volcano) crater.
7. What natural resource is the Auvergne renowned for? It is used by a lot of people, in different ways.
8. This volcanic stone is characteristic of the region Auvergne. It is very dark, almost black. The cathedral in Clermont-Ferrand (among others) was made of this material. What is it called?
9. The town of Clermont-Ferrand used to be two different cities, Clairmont and Montferrand, hence its name.
10. Which river has its source in the Auvergne?
Source: Author Quiterie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Leau
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.