Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which strait separates Kodiak Island from the mainland of Alaska?
2. Kodiak Island Borough also includes some land on the mainland?
3. Which famous explorer is credited with being the first to use the name Kodiak for the island?
4. Kodiak Island lies at the junction of three tectonic plates; which of these is NOT one of those plates?
5. The original inhabitants of Kodiak and the surrounding islands were the Alutiiq people. To an Alutiiq, what is a "barabara"?
6. Which of these creatures does NOT have one of the islands of the Kodiak Archipelago named for it?
7. The only town on Raspberry Island was founded by, and named for, the man known as the founder of the Alaskan king crab industry. He started the town for workers at his canning plant; which town?
8. Many people know that Kodiak Island is off the coast of Alaska, but which of these options best describes its geographical position?
9. Perhaps the most famous residents of the Kodiak Islands are the Kodiak bears. They are one of just six native mammals on the islands; which of these creatures is NOT one of the other five indigenous mammals?
10. In January 1950, and again in September 2007, strange phenomena were reported in the vicinity of Kodiak Island in Alaska. What were they?
Source: Author Rowena8482
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.