Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We begin our trip in a city that doesn't exist anymore. Karakorum was founded by Genghis Khan in 1222 and it was established as a capital of the Mongol Empire when Ögedei Khan was in power. Where was this ancient city found?
2. From Karakorum, we fly west over the icy tundra of Siberia and land in Kiruna, the northernmost inhabited town in a Nordic country, only 145 km (90 mi) from the Arctic circle. Which is the Nordic country?
3. We leave snowy and icy Kiruna and slide 10° West and South, right into the steamy, thermal springs of Karlovy Vary. Where is this beautiful and vibrant city located?
4. Relaxed and rejuvenated from the spa treatments, we decide to try a totally different scene and fly over the Atlantic to Kingston, a large city in the Caribbean Sea. Kingston is located in which country?
5. We decide to continue our voyage on the water, and from Kingston we cross the Panama Canal and sail the Pacific Ocean until we arrive in Kirakira, a town on an island nation of the Archipelago of Melanesia. Where are we?
6. From Kirakira, we fly northwest to Kobe, a city famous for its beef and a devastating earthquake. In which Asian island nation are we?
7. We leave Kobe and fly in a southwest direction over China and the icy peaks of the Himalayas and arrive in Karachi, the former capital and largest city of its country. Where have we landed?
8. Dizzy from all the sea and air travel, it is time to board a bus and continue our dangerous and adventurous journey through deserts, mountainous terrains, and war-stricken countries until we arrive in beautiful Kayseri in the geographical center of a large bi-continental country. In which country is Kayseri situated?
9. Exhausted from this "around-the-world-in-ten-questions" journey, we decide to travel only short distances for this part and from Kayseri we just "hop over" to Kos, the home city of Hippocrates. In which country was Hippocrates born?
10. From Kos, we follow the sea route of Odysseus on his way to the Land of the Lotus Eaters, and cross the Mediterranean Sea in a westerly direction until we reach land. We wear a kufiyah and mount a camel which takes us to the ancient city of Kairouan. Which is our last country?
Source: Author tiye
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.