Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This tribe, known for their beautiful baskets, were most likely the original settlers of Marin County.
2. This famous explorer landed in Marin when he brought his damaged ship into the area now called Point Reyes.
3. One of California's Spanish missions was located in Marin County. Which one?
4. Which of the bridges that span San Francisco Bay links the city with Marin County?
5. During World War II, the United States built war ships in Marin County. What was the shipyard called?
6. A large mountain dominates the Marin skyline as seen from San Francisco. What is the mountain called?
7. The Marin Civic Center was designed by which famous architect?
8. This town that overlooks both the San Francisco Bay and Richardson's Bay has been called a Mediterranean-style seaside village. What is its name?
9. This innovative movie director has his home and studios in San Rafael, county seat of Marin County.
10. In the summer, this coastal town on the Pacific Ocean presents Shakespeare - and other performances - in its outdoor theater.
Source: Author janshannon
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.