Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This island/peninsula is located in Newport Beach, Orange County. Once you cross over to the peninsula via ferry, you can ride a ferris wheel, eat at Ruby's on the pier, or casually walk along the beach. What is the name of this "island"?
2. What is the name of the huge outdoor shopping district located in the city of Irvine and bordering Interstate 5? It is one of the most popular shopping spots in Orange County with dozens of stores, dining areas, and a large movie theater.
3. Southern California contains many different counties. Which of these four counties is the largest in land area?
4. What North Orange County city is home to many different attractions and entertainment destinations including Disneyland, The Honda Center, Angel Stadium, and a large convention center?
5. Which of the following cities is NOT a popular ski and snowboard destination in the mountains of California?
6. Which of the following professional sports teams have never played their home games in Los Angeles, California?
7. What SoCal beach is famous for the many colorful characters, street performers, and shops that can be found along the sandside boardwalk?
8. What large island about 30 miles off the coast of Orange County contains two main cities, Avalon and Two Harbors? It is an attractive tourist destination for a variety of activities from scuba diving to boating to hiking.
9. One of the hottest places in the United States and also the one with the lowest elevation (several hundred feet below sea level) can be found in Southern California. What is the name of this region?
10. What world-famous "walk" is located in the city of Hollywood in Los Angeles? Along this path, marble stars pave the sidewalk, each one commemorating a particular celebrity, famous person, character, or group.
Source: Author scheimer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor zh1322
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.