Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. California's eastern border is with Nevada. Apart from having clear water and nice beaches, this lake is great for hiking and canoeing in the summer and skiing and snowboarding in the winter. What's the name of this deep lake?
2. Sacramento became the capital of California in 1854. Close to several mining communities and on the Sacramento River, which event in California's history was key in choosing Sacramento as the capital? (Think about the San Francisco 49ers...)
3. Like something out of Bacchus' dreams, the Napa Valley is a beautiful venue with a laid-back atmosphere. Sit back, relax, grab a drink, and tell me, what is the Napa Valley world-renowned for?
4. San Francisco is one of the more interesting cities in the State of California. Which of these attractions can *not* be found in San Francisco and the surrounding area?
5. So, sir, you're an avid rock climber and you're looking for a challenge. Well, look no further than Yosemite National Park! Yes, sir, apart from the stunning views and gorgeous waterfalls, there's a granite monolith that tests the mettle of even the most experienced of climbers. What's it called?
6. This place is so arid, you could die within hours during the day. It is where the hottest naturally-occurring temperature on Earth was recorded, as well as the lowest point on the continent. What's the name of this diabolical place?
7. Immortalized on the cover of a U2 album, this cactus has a US National Park named after it that's located in California. What's the name of the cactus and the park where one might see Arch Rock, Hidden Valley, and Old Woman Rock?
8. Just south of Los Angeles is a small island in the Gulf of Santa Catalina. A picturesque location to stay, though never a locale for gambling, what is one of the more iconic buildings on the island?
9. This southern Californian city is the home to SeaWorld, the former home to one of the most famous killer whales, Shamu. It also has a world-famous zoo, the USS Midway aircraft carrier, and the vibrant La Jolla neighbourhood. What city am I describing?
10. Like the questions in this quiz which are arranged from north to south, there is a highway in the State which also goes north to south, all along the California coast. It's the number one highway in the country in terms of views. What number did the Pacific Coast Highway get?
Source: Author LeoDaVinci
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.