Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these National Parks is NOT located in the Sierra Nevada ecosystem?
2. This man was born in Scotland in 1838 and moved with his family to Wisconsin as a teenager. In his later years, he became a fierce protector of the Sierra Nevadas and in 1892, founded the Sierra Club. What was his name?
3. In the terrible winter of 1846/1847, a group of California immigrants became stranded on a Sierra mountain pass --- and became part of the lore of the state. What was this group known as?
4. 'Sierra Nevada' is Spanish for _____________ _______________. (Two words)
5. Rivers flowing west from the Sierra Nevada eventually drain into the Pacific Ocean. Where do rivers flowing east end up?
6. During the California Gold Rush, 'La Veta Madre' became better known as _____ ________________ ____________ . (Three words)
7. The Native American tribe that inhabited much of the Sierra Nevada is known as the _____________.
8. It is generally believed that the first white man to see Lake Tahoe was __________________________.
9. During World War Two, thousands of Japanese-Americans were interred in a small Sierra Nevada town called _______________.
10. Along with its County Fair, Calaveras County presents another unusual event. Do you know what it is? Even though you may never have visited Calaveras County, you've probably heard of this special celebration.
Source: Author lompocjoe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.