Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of my favorite places in Washington, DC is this very large museum. Well, actually, there are many different museums located here, such as the Air and Space Museum, Natural History Museum, and American History Museum. What are these collections of museums called?
2. Not too far from the National Gallery of Art is another museum that is not part of the large museum complex. What is this 'news worthy' museum?
3. Facing the reflecting pool is a large building with tall pillars. Inside this building is a statue of a famous American president with his emancipation proclamation written on the walls. What is the memorial called?
4. This round memorial is farther out (on the opposite side of the Tidal Basin) and has a statue of the third American president standing in a long coat. What is the name of this memorial?
5. This very famous residence is blocked off with gates, so to get from the front to the back requires taking the scenic route through several streets. What is this residence called?
6. This memorial is a large circular structure with no roof. What is this memorial called that has quotes from Franklin Roosevelt and Admiral Nimitz?
7. This memorial is a long wall along a stone path near a green park that lists out the names of the soldiers who died. What is this memorial called?
8. This famous memorial is a tall obelisk that sort of resembles the number one. What memorial is this?
9. Across the bridge and just outside Washington, DC is what famous national cemetery?
10. This final stop is a bit of a drive from Washington, DC, and is the well-known home and farm of George Washington. Name it.
Source: Author AuroraBoreanaz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.