Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these countries describes itself as being 'the sunny side of the Alps'?
2. Spain's Costa del Sol has several popular tourist destinations, including which of these?
3. Even the UK has a resort which describes itself as 'sunny' in its advertising. Which West Sussex holiday destination is it?
4. Australia's Sunshine Coast is located in which state?
5. In which Bantustan, now part of South Africa, was the Sun City Resort founded in 1979?
6. Described as 'city of the sun', Naples is overlooked by which ominous volcano?
7. 'The Land of the Midnight Sun' refers to places which lie in the Arctic, or Antarctic, Circles. The city of Tromso is one of them and is part of which country?
8. Heliopolis, meaning 'city of the sun' in Greek, was one of the main cities of ancient Egypt. It is now part of which of these?
9. Iriomote Island is part of Japan, the Land of the Rising Sun. It is renowned for having a beach with sand (shells) of which unusual shape?
10. Florida is the USA's 'Sunshine State' Which city has the motto 'Where Florida Begins'?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.