Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The very small country of The Gambia has a coastline on one of the great oceans of the world. Which of the following oceans does this African nation have a coastline on?
2. The Gambia shares just under 750km of its border with one country. What is the name of this neighbouring country?
3. The shape of The Gambia is dictated by the river that runs the length of the nation. What is the name of this river which flows from the east of the country to its ocean border in the west?
4. The Gambia is the smallest country on the mainland of Africa and to put that in perspective, it is just a little bit smaller than a certain Caribbean country. What is the name of this Caribbean island of comparative size to The Gambia, which has a flag of green, yellow and black?
5. Banjul is the capital city of The Gambia and it is situated on an island which is found in the mouth of a river that runs through the country. What is the name of this island which shares its name with the mother of Jesus?
6. The Gambian capital city of Banjul is twinned with a city in the northeast region of the United States of America. What is the name of Banjul's sister city, the largest city in the state of New Jersey?
7. The Gambia is one of quite a few countries where the capital is not the country's largest city. What is the largest city in The Gambia?
8. Janjanbureh, formerly known as Georgetown, is a town found in the east of The Gambia. The town is home to a major Gambian prison and just north of the area lie monuments of cultural significance. What can be found just north of Janjanbureh?
9. The official language of many African nations is dependent upon their history. Which of the following countries did The Gambia gain its independence from in 1965?
10. If you leave The Gambia via one of its ports and travel into the ocean you may come into contact with a series of nearby islands. This collections of islands constitute a country with the capital Praia. What country would you be travelling to?
Source: Author jonnowales
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.