Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The flag of Paraguay is very rare in that it has a different image on each side. What celestial body is featured on one side of the flag?
2. Which European country was the first to colonize Paraguay and held power until Paraguay declared independence on May 14th 1811?
3. Today, Paraguay is a major exporter of many commodities including what bean crop?
4. The Roman Catholic Church has historically had a firm spiritual stronghold in Paraguay, but which Christian denomination opened their first beautiful temple there in 2002?
5. Paraguay is passionate about their sports but up until 2012, had only won one medal at the Summer Olympics. In which of the following sports was this medal won?
6. Paraguay has the distinction of being the antipodal country to what Asian island nation?
7. The country name of "Paraguay" is actually named for what geographical feature?
8. Which circle of latitude cuts right across Paraguay?
9. Which of the following countries is the 2nd-largest nation in South America and Paraguay's neighbor to the south?
10. Finally, which of the following cities has the distinction of being the longest continually inhabited city on the Rio de la Plata Basin?
Source: Author coachpauly
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.