Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The county seat and name of this county make up the last and first name of the 13th president of the United States. What is it?
2. If you were at standing at the Four Corners National Monument, the county in Utah you would be in is also the largest county in the state and is named for a river that flows into the Colorado River. Which county is it?
3. Each of these names is derived from the various Ute tribes that inhabited the area. One of them, however, is NOT the name of a real county in Utah. Which one is it?
4. You won't be severely disappointed when you drive on I-70 in Utah if you stop in this county. You can enjoy the recreation around Fishlake or learn about ancient Native Americans at Fremont Indian State Park.
5. Utah is home to many great hiking and skiing locations. Park City is a world-renowned destination for Olympic athletes and skiers, but it isn't the county seat of this high-elevation county; Coalville is. Name it.
6. On the very northern border of Utah, you will find two counties that might make you think you've hit the jackpot. Utah State University, Bear Lake, and Bear River are some of the main attractions here. What are their names?
7. On opposite sides of Utah, you will find two counties whose names are also on the periodic table of elements. Both have roots in mining. What are their names?
8. The Mormon Miracle Pageant is held every June in Manti, Utah, which happens to be the county seat of which Utah county?
9. Another Mormon pageant is held every other year in a Utah county just east of Manti. The Castle Valley Pageant talks about the pioneers that settled what county?
10. Part of the Colorado River that runs through Utah used to be known by another name. The county where you will find Arches National Park, Moab, and plenty of outdoor recreation still bears the original name of that part of the Colorado River. Which county is it?
Source: Author urubu715
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.