Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Located on the romantic French Riviera, this city is known for its casinos. Surrounded on three sides by the country of France, it is not a French city. What is this city?
2. Host to the Winter Olympics in 1928 and 1948, can you name this literally alpine ski area that is one of the most expensive in the world?
3. One of the most famous beaches in the world is located about half an hour's travel from the statue of Christ the Redeemer. What is its name?
4. This island paradise was, at one time or another, home to such luminaries as Ernest Hemingway, Robert Frost, Truman Capote and Calvin Klein. It is land's end for one of the most-visited states in the US. Can you name it?
5. This is a classic destination for hikers and climbers. Which national park, located in the western USA, contains the features of El Capitan and Half Dome?
6. This island is part of a configuration known as "the Coral Triangle", an area known for its high number of reef-producing corals and marine biodiversity in general. Whether you're into meditation or sunbathing, this destination has exactly what you need! Where is it?
7. Located on the western shores of Hudson Bay, this unlikely vacation spot draws tourists from around the world to view its wildlife--and, with luck, its displays of the Aurora Borealis. To which destination would you likely either have to fly or take the Canadian Railway?
8. The name of this destination translates to "hill", which is how it looks from afar. Here, you can enjoy lovely beaches, but also go to a butterfly museum, visit a big statue of the Buddha, and go to a Ghost Festival! What delightful Asian location is this?
9. This place is almost a caricature of a great vacation spot. In what desert playland has singer Wayne Newton been a fixture for more than 50 years?
10. Located not far from the Riviera Maya is the remains of a Mayan city. An easy day trip from the Mexican coast, what famous pre-Columbian edifice is pictured here?
Source: Author austinnene
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.