Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Tioman Island is thirty-nine kilometers in length and twelve kilometers in width. The rainforest known as Pulau Tioman jungle covers a span of just over eight thousand hectares. To which country does this beautiful island belong?
2. Our next jungle is also known as Central Eastern Rainforest Reserves and has been a World Heritage Site since 1986. What is the more common name of this jungle which is also on the Australian Heritage List?
3. India and Bangladesh share a beautiful jungle which is also considered as mangrove. The name means beautiful forest when translated into English. Can you pick out the name of this jungle?
4. The Papua New Guinea jungle is world known as an intact jungle. There are many villages throughout the jungle where male members honor the crocodile and consider it to be holy. What do the men do to honor the crocodile?
5. The next jungle we'll visit quite literally means "kingdom of the lion". It is located in Sri Lanka but do you know the actual name of the jungle?
6. This jungle has a truly dramatic landscape where more than sixty mammals enjoy the wild. Located in Australia, it is about 170 kilometers from Darwin. Which jungle is considered to be a bird watcher's paradise?
7. When one thinks of the Himalayas, we usually think of glorious mountains. However, in the Uttrakhand (formerly Uttaranchal) state of India there is the Nainital Jungle. What is the jungle more familiarly known as?
8. Which country is home to the Corcovado jungle which is also known as the Corcovado National Park (established in 1975)?
9. The second largest jungle in the world today spreads into the territories of Cameroon, Central Republic of Congo, Gabon and the southwestern part of the Central African Republic. Which jungle with its vastly unique biodiversity spans these areas?
10. The Amazon jungle, also called the Amazon rainforest, covers the territory of nine different countries in South America. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
Source: Author funnytrivianna
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.