Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The forest near the town of Blackville is the home of the Dungarvon Whooper, and that sound you hear at night is the ghost of the Irishman murdered in the woods, calling for justice. Not all the maple trees are friendly in what Northern Hemisphere country?
2. Do you really need to be warned to avoid a place called Screaming Woods? Deering or "Screaming" Woods are known for the disembodied screams numerous visitors have reported hearing. In what southeast English county would one find the town of Pluckley and its Screaming Woods?
3. Ballyboley Forest sounds like a vacation retreat - a vacation retreat if you are an ancient Druid seeking a gateway to the "Otherworld". If sightings of trees dripping blood and disembodied screaming are your idea of a good time, then by all means book a trip to Ballyboley. You will find this place in County Antrim as part of which UK region?
4. The Schwarzwald Forest is the setting for many of the terrible deeds that befall people in the Grimm Brothers stories. Inside the forest, dense growths of pine and fir trees block out the sun and hide the various, witches, werewolves and evil spirits that make their home there. In what European country can you brave the Schwarzwald?
5. Though known as a center of education and learning, Dow Hill in the village of Kurseong has a problem with ghosts and spirits. One persistent sighting is the apparition of a headless boy that appears in the woods and the Victorian Boys School. Dow Hill is only 30 km from Darjeeling in what country's state of West Bengal?
6. At the base of this country's largest mountain lies the Aokigahara Forest. The forest is also called the "Suicide Forest" as hundreds of people have used the trees and protected woodlands to end their lives. What Asian country claims this haunted woodland?
7. Epping Forest is an ancient woodland filled with oak and beech trees. It is also reportedly haunted by a cavalcade of ghosts and disturbing events including the spirit of Queen Boudica. Legend states that the blood from ancient battles, murders and other deaths has seeped into the trees themselves making them twisted and misshapen. Where in Europe would you need to travel to seek out the ghosts of Epping Forest?
8. Amidst the peaceful trees and granite rock formations of the Fall River-Freetown Forest lurks deep mystery. The forest contains the "Bridgewater Triangle" an area where ghosts, aliens, mutilations and impossible beasts have been spotted for centuries. Located on the Eastern Seaboard of the US what state must you travel to commune with this strange wood?
9. No list of haunted forests would be complete without a mention of the Hoia-Baciu Forest. Known as perhaps the world's most haunted forest, the Hoia-Baciu is named for the mysterious disappearance of a shepherd and his flock of 200 sheep. This forest is located in the Transylvania Region near the city of Cluj-Napoca in what Eastern European country?
10. As our final destination to avoid, we travel to Mexico to the Isla de Las Muņecas or "Island of the Dolls". This small island along the Xochimilco Canal is inhabited by hundreds of decaying dolls hanging from the trees honoring a drowned girl whose spirit allegedly remains on the island. What major Mexican city is closest to Isla de Las Muņecas?
Source: Author adam36
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.