Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It turns out that Transnistria does not have its own airport so you will have to fly into Chisinau and go from there. What neighboring country would that be in?
2. As you cross the border into Transnistria, you try talking to the taxi driver. Even though English is your native tongue, you have studied up on their primary language. What is it?
3. Your drive takes you along the shores of the Dniester River which is the longest one in Transnistria. It separates this breakaway state from the mainland and you learn it is key for transporting a certain product. What is this item, of which Paul Bunyan would approve?
4. You head across the river to Bender, Moldova, as you have been told to be sure to visit this landmark. It was built in the 16th century and served multiple roles. In what role is it best known?
5. You decide to spend some time in the capital of Transnistria and head to the eastern side of the Dniester River. What is the name of this city?
6. A large percentage of the people in Transnistria practice the religion of Eastern Orthodox Christianity. You decide to go visit one of the key sites in the area, which is a beautiful church in Tiraspol. What is the name of this cathedral which is also called The Nativity Church?
7. You drive across the country toward the east. It is not long before you are at the border of its neighboring country. What is this, whose capital is Kyiv?
8. You stop in front of the Parliament building in Tiraspol and study the statue out front. It is one of many of the Soviet leader found throughout the country. Who was this revolutionary, who was the first and founding head of Soviet Russia from 1917 to 1924?
9. On a more sobering note, you head to Tiraspol and visit the Memorial of Glory. Here are monuments dedicated to people who lost their lives in wars and uprisings. The centerpiece of the memorial is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier protected by a tank. What is also next to the tomb? It is similar to the one you would see at John F Kennedy's grave in Arlington Cemetery in Washington, DC.
10. Before you end your vacation in Transnistria you visit the KVINT distillery and have a glass of their famous beverage. What is this brandy made from white wine?
Source: Author stephgm67
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.