Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Pilbara town Paraburdoo is based on the local Aboriginal word for the name of a bird, Pirupardo. What is the type of bird?
2. The meaning of the name Karratha is "good country" or "good earth".
3. Coolgardie in the Goldfields has a name meaning what?
4. Mullewa, a small town in the Midwest region is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning:
5. What is the meaning of the word Yalguru, from which the place name Yalgoo is derived?
6. Many Aboriginal names refer to the location of water in the area. Bolgart in the Wheatbelt is one of these.
7. What is the meaning of the town name Meckering?
8. There are several possible translations for the origin of the name Kalgoorlie. Which is not one of them?
9. The name Bindoon means "a place where what grow"?
10. Dandaragan is a small town in the northern Wheatbelt. What is the meaning of the name?
Source: Author tezza1551
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.