Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Ulladulla stems from the aboriginal word 'Nulladulla' which means 'safe harbour', and is located on the south coast of New South Wales about three hours south of Sydney.
Is it correct that the first traffic lights were not installed in Ulladulla until the 1990s?
2. This tiny timber town is situated on the Eurobodalla Coast of New South Wales. Its name means 'wind' in the language of the original Yuin Aboriginal inhabitants.
3. Kurri Kurri's name comes from the local Awabakal language and means what?
4. This town was derived from the original station name, which used a local Aboriginal word meaning 'red soil thick scrub'. What is the name of this town which has survived solely because of its location on the main road from Brisbane to Cairns?
5. Woy Woy on the central coast of New South Wales is the home of "Spike Fest", an annual festival celebrating the life and works of comedian Spike Milligan.
6. Aboriginal for 'place of good water' or 'lots of good water', this place is actually a sheep station, halfway between Wallabadah and Tamworth in the northern, New England region of New South Wales.
7. Located near Cooroy in the corner of Noosa Shire in south-east Queensland, this small village with an old and famous pub called the Country Life Hotel is the Aboriginal name for a small black ant.
8. This is a two word town that forms the first two-thirds of the traditional name of the hill where Jesus' crucifixion took place. Aboriginal for 'meeting place', this it is located near the Murray River across from Mildura in Victoria.
9. This is an Aboriginal word meaning 'den', 'ditch' or 'grave'. The Aborigines believed that the souls of their deceased ancestors were retained in a large den.
The town is located in Mackay, North Queensland and gets a mention in the first chorus of Greg Champion's song "Don't Call Wagga Wagga, Wagga".
10. Meaning 'hot' or 'very hot' this small farming village is located in the Narrandera Shire of the southern Riverina region of New South Wales.
Source: Author Bad_MaNneR$
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.