Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You want sun, sand and surf? How about some glitz and glamour? Head for this metallic part of Queensland's coastline south of Brisbane. There's enough bling here for everyone to enjoy.
2. Smile and show off those pearly whites (hint hint!) while I take a picture of you in this Queensland town. Which town can be found south-west of Townsville on the road to Charters Towers and Mount Isa?
3. Is it September yet? There is a town in Queensland that has an annual seafood festival and I want to see the mullet throwing contest. What town am I talking about?
4. If you've seen the movies "Mad Max" or "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" you will have seen this town and its surrounds on the big screen. With a permanent population of less than one hundred, which town in outback New South Wales is popular with movie makers, TV and commercial producers for its desert landscape and clear skies?
5. Which South Australian town was a source of iron ore for almost 100 years? The mines around this town fed Whyalla's steel works with iron ore until it was closed in 1998.
6. Between the east coast of Tasmania and Maria Island is a body of water with a metal in its name. That metal was named after a figure in Roman mythology. Which body of water am I asking about?
7. An area to the northwest of Adelaide was founded because of mining a particular mineral. Centred around the towns of Moonta, Kadina and Wallaroo, which area can be found on the Yorke Peninsula?
8. On the north coast of Tasmania between the towns of Burnie and Penguin lies a small town with an element in its name. I'm not sure if there is a fire there but there seems to be some brimstone. What town am I asking about?
9. Back in the 1850s thousands of men flocked to a settlement called Adelaide Lead to search for gold. In which Australian state would you find the district of Adelaide Lead?
10. If you add the letters "ia" to the end of an element you'll find the name of three suburbs in Australia. It will also give you a type of Australia native flower. What element am I looking for?
Source: Author Tizzabelle
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.