Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The '70s started with an event the broke the hearts of music fans worldwide: the Beatles officially broke up. What was the name of the 12th and final studio album which was released in 1970?
2. Science saw a breakthrough with the birth of a girl named Louise Brown, though she was known by another name for a long time after her birth. What was that name?
3. Who was nicknamed "Flying Bobby" for his achievements during the years of 1966-1978?
4. What was the name of the spacecraft in which the quick-thinking crew survived several critical setbacks?
5. In 1970, then-U.S. President Richard Nixon met a celebrity and stood for pictures. The two men were from very different worlds, making for a nearly surreal image. Who was the other man?
6. Margaret Thatcher, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom beginning in 1979, had a nickname that reflected her leadership style. What was her nickname?
7. In 1974, Russian dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov did something that made worldwide news. What was it?
8. In 1976, a Southern upstart governor won the U.S. Presidential election, winning both by popular vote and by electoral college votes. What was the name of this President?
9. In 1976, British and French companies worked together to create the world's first supersonic passenger airliner. What was the name given to this exceptional aircraft?
10. In 1973, an American Thoroughbred racehorse took the Triple Crown. What was the name of this amazing stallion?
Source: Author PootyPootwell
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.