Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1971, the UK switched over to decimal money. Prior to that, how many pence were in a pound?
2. Two supersonic aircraft entered commercial service in the 70s. One was Concorde (1976-2003) and what was the other that flew from 1977-78?
3. Although it was actually released in 1969, (just in time for Christmas), what was it that I and every other kid wanted in the 70s with its ape hanger handlebars, long seat with a sissy bar and a tear inducing, groin catching gear shift?
4. "Clarke, One Nil" is a piece of commentary that happened when I was just eight years old and Leeds United won the F.A. Cup. Who did they beat in the final?
5. During the "Winter of Discontent" in 1978-79, certain members of the General and Municipal Workers' Union went on unofficial strike in Liverpool and Manchester causing a huge public outcry. What was their profession?
6. 70s music in the UK will always be remembered for glam rock, but which glam rock superstar endured a huge fall from favour when in 1999 he was imprisoned on child pornography charges, and then in 2006 convicted of child sexual abuse and in 2015 convicted of attempted rape?
7. 1979 saw UK elect its first female Prime Minister in Margaret Thatcher. Who was the defeated Labour party leader at that election?
8. Which chocolate bar went on sale in 1970, was described by its manufacturers as a 'chewy caramel ladder, draped in delicious milk chocolate', and had TV ads featuring "Carry On" star Terry Scott dressed as a schoolboy?
9. As a 70s child, I saw a lot of public information commercials on TV aimed at my generation, in which Tony and his cat Charley warned us of the dangers of playing with matches, talking to strangers etc. Who voiced (miaowed) the cat?
10. Which novel were we kids all reading in 1972, about the lives of Fiver, Hazel, Bigwig, Blackberry and General Woundwort?
Source: Author 480154st
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.