Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Texas governor refused to take an oath to the Confederacy before Texas seceded from the Union?
2. Early in the war, a group of soldiers from Texas were sent to capture what territory or state?
3. What island did Union troops capture in the early part of the War?
4. Union troops captured an island in the early part of the War. Who led the attempt to retake this island?
5. What was the Union doing to thwart the arrival of supplies into and out of Texas?
6. What battle did the Davis Guards keep the Union from capturing Houston?
7. What country were all of the Davis Guards from?
8. Crop production shifted from what to corn and wheat during the Civil War?
9. Which battle in Texas was fought about a month after General Lee surrendered?
10. Who did President Andrew Johnson name as the provisional governor of Texas after the Civil War?
Source: Author aekindred
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.