Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which man left the Alamo twice to deliver messages and returned both times at great risk, only to die soon after the second return, while defending the fort?
2. Lieutenant-Colonel Travis sent messages requesting help from both Texas and the United States, and on March 1st 32 men from this town arrived under the cover of darkness to help in the defense of the Alamo. Which?
3. Most of the men who died at the Alamo had only lived in Texas for a year or two at most.
4. Lieutenant-Colonel William Barret Travis commanded the Alamo when the fort fell, but earlier on he had shared command with another man. Who shared command of the Alamo until his illness caused him to hand full command of the fort to Travis?
5. With what rank did the famous David Crockett enlist and die as at the Alamo?
6. The youngest person to die defending the Alamo was 15 years old.
7. Which famous defender of the Alamo is believed to have been the first to have died?
8. For how many days were the defenders of the Alamo besieged before Santa Ana finally took the fort?
9. This Mexican officer attempted to spare the lives of the Texans, not only at the Alamo but at other battles during the war as well, but his pleas were ignored. He would later die defending his artillery at San Jacinto.
10. Approximately how many men defended the Alamo?
Source: Author Teej417
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.