Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On which date did this tragedy occur?
2. What was the name of the ship which caught fire and exploded causing the first wave of the tragedy?
3. What ship caught fire and exploded the day following the initial explosion?
4. What cargo were these ships carrying which made them so dangerous?
5. Which chemical company had an entire facility destroyed due to the explosion?
6. How many people were officially listed as killed as a result of the disaster?
7. How many bodies were listed as unidentified?
8. Who was the primary source responsible for shipping ammonium nitrate through the port of Texas City?
9. According to a majority of the experts on the disaster, what was the cause of the initial fire aboard ship?
10. What was the amount of the settlement offered by the United States federal government for all claims during the Texas City disaster?
Source: Author dmbfanatic
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Jim_in_Oz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.