Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How many different flags have flown over Texas?
2. Texas can legally fly the state flag at the same height as the United States flag.
3. Who was the first Anglo-American to receive permission to settle people in Texas, but died before he got the chance?
4. Where was the first major oil well in Texas located?
5. Who was the first known European to set foot in Texas?
6. What officially ended the Texas Revolution and the war between Mexico and Texas?
7. Who is considered by many to be the "Father of Texas Education"?
8. What is "Juneteenth"?
9. Where was the last battle of the American Civil War fought?
10. In what branch of the military did the gunman of the 1966 University of Texas massacre, Charles Whitman, serve?
Source: Author longhorngirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.