Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The year is 1970. The first Earth Day is observed. Casey Kasem begins his American Top 40 nationwide radio program. The Public Broadcasting System (PBS) goes on the airwaves. What does NOT happen as well that year?
2. 1971: Cigarette ads are banned from TV and radio. The USA ends its trade embargo of China. Amtrak begins inter-city rail service. But what does NOT happen that year?
3. 1972: In Apollo 17, astronauts fly to the moon for the last time in the 20th century. Jane Fonda toured Vietnam. 'Ms.' magazine is published. What did NOT happen? (In fact, it didn't even happen in the 1970s.)
4. It's 1973. Senate hearings about the break-in at the Watergate hotel and the President's subsequent cover-up scandalize a nation. But what does NOT happen this year, because it happened two years before?
5. It's 1974. The Expo '74 World's Fair opens in Spokane, Washington. The Universal Product Code is scanned for the first time. Police in Baltimore strike. But what didn't happen in 1974, because it happened the year before?
6. It's 1975. Construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System commences. Bill Gates founds Microsoft. The 'Rocky Horror Show' opens on Broadway, and 'Jaws' opens at cinemas. What does NOT happen in 1975?
7. In 1976, Viking 1 lands on Mars. The Son of Sam terrorizes New York City. The U.S. ambassador to Lebanon is murdered. Legionnaires' disease is discovered. Apple Computer Company is founded. But what doesn't happen this year?
8. 1977: The first Chrysler LeBaron is produced. The first personal computer, the Commodore PET, is sold at retail. The Kelly Barnes Dam in Georgia fails. 'Star Wars' debuts at the cinema. What does NOT happen?
9. It's 1978. A deadly blizzard hits New England and New York. Home-brewing of beer is legalized. 'Dallas' premieres on CBS. City Supervisor Harvey Milk is assassinated in San Francisco. But what doesn't happen?
10. 1979 is the International Year of the Child. 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' premieres at the Smithsonian. The Susan B. Anthony dollar enters circulation. McDonald's launches the Happy Meal. But what did NOT happen this year?
Source: Author gracious1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.