Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first wines in Victoria were grown in which region, also known as the river Melbourne is built on?
2. Name this wine making region, situated approximately fifty kilometres northeast of Adelaide. It is considered one of Australia's oldest and premier wine regions and is home to the Penfolds, Orlando Wines and Wolf Blas labels.
3. Which wine region in southwest Western Australia is noted for its range of boutique wines? Not sure, just ask Peggy.
4. The Tamar Valley, the location of the Pipers River wine region, meanders for nearly 60 km from Launceston through the heart of vineyard country in which Australian state?
5. Located in northern Victoria, Rutherglen produces exceptional wines from the Durif grape. What type of wine is produced from this grape?
6. The name of which South Australian wine region is derived from the Aboriginal word for honeysuckle?
7. Producing 15% of all of Australia's grapes, the Riverina wine district of New South Wales is based around which large rural town?
8. You could be forgiven for thinking they make Scotch whisky but which region, located 38 kilometres south of Adelaide (South Australia), is included within the Great wine capitals of the World?
9. The Riverland Region in South Australia is supported by what large river that also forms part of the border between Victoria and New South Wales?
10. If you stalk your way to New South Wales you will find which wine region that was pivotal to the start of Australia's wine and viticulture industries?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.