Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Asian country was the hardest hit by the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami?
2. In 1755 one of the largest earthquakes and tsunamis on record occurred just west of the Iberian Peninsula causing almost complete devastation of which capital city?
3. On August 27, 1883, an enormous tsunami in the Sunda Strait near Indonesia, was caused by which of the following events?
4. In 2011, which large island of Japan was hit by a tsunami after a large underwater earthquake, causing devastation and large loss of life?
5. In 1946, the Aleutian Island Tsunami killed more people in Hawaii than it killed in Alaska.
6. On January 30, 1607, a tsunami is believed to be responsible for the deaths of over 2,000 people during the Bristol Channel Floods in which country?
7. Many scientists argue that the Fenambosy chevron on the island of Madagascar was made by a tsunami caused by what type of incident?
8. The Johnstown Flood of 1889 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania was both the deadliest and the costliest tsunami disaster in the U.S.
9. On which island in 1908, did an earthquake and tsunami hit the city of Messina causing the deaths of over 100,000 people?
10. What was the cause of the mega tsunami that occurred at the Vajont Dam, Monte Toc, Italy in 1963?
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.