Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In traditional British fish and chips, the fish is covered in batter. Which ingredients go together to make the batter?
2. Chip shops usually offer more than one kind of fish, but which of these would you NOT find covered in batter and accompanied with chips?
3. Potatoes are cut up and fried to make chips. Which of these best describes the chips found in British fish and chip shops?
4. There are a few extras that can be served with fish and chips, especially in restaurants. Mushy peas are one option. How are they made?
5. Which food item, originating on the Indian sub-continent, is offered in chip shops and can be poured over the chips?
6. This brown sauce can be poured over chips and is most popular in northern England. What is it?
7. Sodium chloride is usually sprinkled over chips. What is the common name for it?
8. What is a chip butty?
9. Somewhere in the world, a chip shop claims to be the origin of the deep-fried Mars bar. Which country is it in?
10. What were chips from British fish and chip shops traditionally wrapped in?
Source: Author AcrylicInk
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.